Here they are…
1) Solicit earnings call questions from investors using social media platforms like StockTwits
…even with 20+ sell-side analysts ALREADY covering them.
StockTwits’ CEO Howard Lindzon makes the case for this --- as do I.
2) Solicit earnings call questions from investors using your earnings Press Release
3) Solicit earnings call questions using your corporate IR blog
(IR Web Report’s take here.)
4) Respond to post-earnings call investor questions using your corporate blog
5) Tweet highlights of your earnings call on Twitter and StockTwits
6) Publish press release entitled “10 Key Takeaways from My Earnings Call”
No one I’m aware of does it….BUT they should….especially small-caps with limited earnings call participation.
Investors largely don’t set aside time to listen to earnings calls (or read earnings call transcripts). But earnings calls represent one of the few opportunities companies have each year to spread their message. A simple press release with 10 valuable bullet points has potential to be both consumed and shared on social media platforms.